Catie Reynolds, MD
Catie is a firefighter wife, dog mom, and human mom. She is core faculty at UTHealth and the Director of Student Clerkships in the Department of Emergency Medicine. In her free time, Catie does amateur calligraphy and obsesses about Houston sports teams.
Benjamin Cooper, MD
Associate Program Director
Ben is a proud husband and father of two boys in Houston, TX. He’s board certified in emergency medicine and he’s been on faculty at UTHealth since 2015, where he directs conference activities and nerds-out over electrocardiography interpretation. Outside of work, he enjoys running (enjoys is used loosely), going to his sons’ baseball games, and of course…the Astros!
Jonathan Giordano, DO
Director of Undergraduate Medical Education
Jon is a native New Yorker who made the trek down to Houston with his wife and dog in search of warm weather. He’s board certified in Emergency Medicine and has been on faculty at UTHealth since 2018 where he currently runs the medical student clerkships for the department of emergency medicine. His interests lie in emergency cardiology, medical education, and innovation. When he is not nerding out with Ben over electrocardiography, he enjoys rooting for the Yankees, hanging out with his dog Georgia, and watching bad reality television on Bravo.
Tom Fadial, MD
Educational Technology and Innovation Officer
Tom is an interface designer turned emergency medicine physician. He spends his time obsessing over every pixel on the ECG Stampede website and mobile app. He enjoys programming and apologizes ahead of time for any bugs you encounter. Tom runs ddxof.com and a few other medical education projects which can be seen at Fadial.com. In his free time, Tom enjoys trying to close all the rings on his activity tracker by running, swimming and randomly standing up when his watch tells him to.
You're learning from experts in the field of emergency electrocardiogaphy. Here are just a few publications from our team.
- Cooper BL, Khosla AJ, Voronin BW. Myocardial infarction in the presence of a right bundle branch block. J Emerg Med. 2016;50(5):778-779.
- Lesnick JA, Cooper BL, Doshi PB. Twiddler’s Syndrome. Clin Pract Cases Emerg Med. 2019;3(3):299-300.
- Cooper BL, Fisher KM, Chathampally Y. Man with left-sided chest pain. Ann Emerg Med. 2018;72(5):558-561.
- Cooper BL, Beyene JA. Atrioventricular nodal reentrant tachycardia and cannon A waves. Am J Emerg Med. 2019;37(2):379.e5-379.e7.
- Witkov RB, Cooper BL. An ominous ecg pattern. Ann Emerg Med. 2019;73(4):406-408.
- Polito SC, Giordano JA, Cooper BL. Cardiac memory-induced t-wave inversions. Clin Pract Cases Emerg Med. 2020;4(2):181-184.
- Cooper BL, Nemri KA, Giordano JA. Man with intermittent bradycardia. Ann Emerg Med. 2020;76(5):586-589.
- Hoang H, Giordano JA, Cooper BL. Woman with st changes following days of vomiting. Ann Emerg Med. 2021;77(4):442-444.
- Cooper BL, Ducach GJ, Fadial TT. Low and slow. Ann Emerg Med. 2021;77(6):601-603.
- Cooper BL, Waller-Delarosa JC. Electrocardiographic Slow Dancing: Who Takes the Lead? J Emerg Med. 2022.
- Giordano J. A 61-year-old Woman With a 2-day History of Chest Pain. The Journal of Urgent Care Medicine. https://www.jucm.com/a-61-year-old-woman-with-a-2-day-history-of-chest-pain/.
- Cooper B. A 70-year-old Female With Nonradiating Chest Pain. The Journal of Urgent Care Medicine. https://www.jucm.com/a-70-year-old-female-with-nonradiating-chest-pain/.
- Reynolds C. A 38-year-old Female With Abdominal Pain and Chest Tightness. The Journal of Urgent Care Medicine. https://www.jucm.com/a-38-year-old-female-with-abdominal-pain-and-chest-tightness/.
- Giordano J. A Patient on Dialysis With Syncope. The Journal of Urgent Care Medicine. https://www.jucm.com/a-patient-on-dialysis-with-syncope/.
- Cooper B. A 96-year-old Male With Palpitations and a History of CAD. The Journal of Urgent Care Medicine. https://www.jucm.com/a-96-year-old-male-with-palpitations-and-a-history-of-cad/.
- Reynolds C. A 60-year-old Woman With Hypertension, Diabetes, and Sudden Fatigue and Weakness. The Journal of Urgent Care Medicine. https://www.jucm.com/a-60-year-old-woman-with-hypertension-diabetes-and-sudden-fatigue-and-weakness/.
- Giordano J. A 74-year-old Female With Multiple Episodes of Chest Pain over a 2-day Period. The Journal of Urgent Care Medicine. https://www.jucm.com/a-74-year-old-female-with-multiple-episodes-of-chest-pain-over-a-2-day-period/.
- Fadial, T. A 48-year-old Female With Months of Fatigue, Nausea, and Body Aches—Including Chest Pain. The Journal of Urgent Care Medicine. https://www.jucm.com/a-48-year-old-female-with-months-of-fatigue-nausea-and-body-aches-including-chest-pain/.
- Reynolds C. A 60-year-old Woman With a 4-day History of Intermittent Exertional Chest Pain. The Journal of Urgent Care Medicine. https://www.jucm.com/a-60-year-old-woman-with-a-4-day-history-of-intermittent-exertional-chest-pain/.
- Fadial T. A 42-year-old Male With an Abnormal ECG. The Journal of Urgent Care Medicine. https://www.jucm.com/a-42-year-old-male-with-an-abnormal-ecg/.
- Cooper B. A 69-year-old man With a 2-month History of Shortness of Breath and Mild Chest Pain. The Journal of Urgent Care Medicine. https://www.jucm.com/a-69-year-old-man-with-a-2-month-history-of-shortness-of-breath-and-mild-chest-pain/.
- Cooper B. A 50-year-old Male With Several Chronic Conditions and Foot Pain at an Amputation Site. The Journal of Urgent Care Medicine. https://www.jucm.com/a-50-year-old-male-with-several-chronic-conditions-and-foot-pain-at-an-amputation-site/.